Your cart is currently empty!
Super Delicious & Gluten-Free Meal Guide, Recipe Post #317: Vegan Stuffed Peppers
Being gluten free has definitely been a positive change in my life. I have more energy, my digestive system works better, and I’m feeling better overall. I think my family and friends might like it too, as they can also benefit from the change to a healthier diet. Plus, there are now so many amazing gluten free food options that offer up delicious new flavors.
Try this as your next healthier meal option to serve up for you and your loved ones:
• 4 bell peppers, cut in half and seeded
• 1 teaspoon olive oil
• 1/2 onion, chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
• 2 zucchini, diced
• 2 carrots, diced
• 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
• 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
• 1/4 cup sliced black olives
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
• 1/4 cup vegan cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place the pepper halves in a large baking dish.
3. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add the onions, garlic, paprika, cumin, and salt. Cook until onions are softened, about 5 minutes.
5. Add the zucchini, carrots, and quinoa to the skillet. Cook until vegetables are softened, about 8 minutes.
6. Stir in the diced tomatoes, olives, parsley and half of the vegan cheese.
7. Divide the vegetable mixture among the pepper halves. Sprinkle over the remaining vegan cheese.
8. Bake for 20 minutes, or until peppers are soft and cheese is melted.
9. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!