Your cart is currently empty!
Super Delicious & Gluten-Free Meal Guide, Recipe Post #946: Vegan Ratatouille
Being gluten free is a great lifestyle choice these days. It means that you are avoiding the protein found in wheat, barley, and rye, known collectively as “gluten”. When you are gluten free, you have the option to pick some truly delicious, nutritious, and exciting foods. There are hundreds (if not thousands) of naturally gluten-free foods in the market right now, such as fresh fruits and vegetables, legumes, quinoa, nuts, seeds, and eggs. Gluten-free grains like brown rice, amaranth, buckwheat, and teff can also make up part of your diet. Plus, there are so many amazing gluten-free products like breads, pastas, crackers, and treats available for those of us with gluten intolerances or celiac disease. Being gluten free can also be extremely healthy! It means avoiding processed grains and many unhealthy foods, like refined white bread, sugary cereals, pizza doughs, and pastries. At the same time, it opens up lots of delicious possibilities, such as fruit and vegetable salads, hearty soups and stews, and one-dish meals with lots of protein and fiber. Eating gluten-free can also help reduce inflammation, support digestive health, and promote overall well-being. It’s a great way to make sure you’re taking care of yourself!
Try this as your next healthier meal option to serve up for you and your loved ones:
-2 large eggplants, cut into 1-inch cubes
-2 large red bell peppers, diced
-1 large onion, diced
-3 cloves garlic, minced
-1 pint of grape tomatoes, halved
-2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
-1 teaspoon fresh oregano
-1 teaspoon fresh thyme
-1 teaspoon salt
-Freshly ground black pepper
-1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Place eggplants, bell peppers, onion, and garlic on a large baking sheet. Place tomatoes in a separate baking dish.
3. Drizzle both the vegetable mixture and the tomatoes with olive oil and season with oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper.
4. Roast the vegetable mixture and tomatoes for 30 minutes, stirring the vegetables occasionally.
5. Transfer the roasted vegetables to a large bowl and stir in the parsley. Enjoy hot or cold!