Going gluten free can be a great way to enjoy a healthier lifestyle! Gluten free foods include most fruits and vegetables, fresh eggs, unprocessed meat, fish, nuts and seeds, legumes, dairy and many grains like rice, quinoa and millet. It takes some research and experimentation but it’s worth it to make delicious and healthy meals! Going gluten free can provide a range of health benefits such as improved digestion, weight loss, increased energy and clearer skin. Plus, with so many delicious gluten free options, you won’t be missing out on tasty meals! So if you are looking to eat healthier, give gluten free a try today!
Try this as your next healthier meal option to serve up for you and your loved ones:
– 1 16-ounce block extra-firm tofu, drained and lightly pressed
– 1 cup creamy almond butter
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– 1 pound lean steak of choice, sliced into thin strips
– 2 bell peppers, seeds and veins removed, sliced into thin strips
– 2 carrots, trimmed and julienned
– 2 heads of romaine lettuce, washed and cut into thin strips
– 1/4 cup roasted almond slices
– 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
– 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
– 1 tablespoon tamari
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 teaspoons honey
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Cut the tofu into 1/2″ cubes and place on a greased baking sheet.
3. In a shallow bowl, combine the almond butter, olive oil, and salt and pepper.
4. Dip each tofu cube in the almond butter mixture and coat well.
5. Place each cube onto the baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway, until golden and crispy.
6. In a separate bowl combine the steak, bell peppers, and carrots and set aside.
7. In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, roasted almond slices, and cilantro.
8. In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, tamari, garlic, and honey.
9. Toss the steak mixture in the lime juice mixture and let sit for 10 minutes.
10. Add the steak mixture to the lettuce bowl and mix together.
11. Finally, toss in the almond crusted tofu pieces and serve. Enjoy!