Being gluten free means avoiding foods that contain gluten, a protein found in wheat, barley, and rye. Gluten free foods include fruits, vegetables, legumes, nuts, dairy, meat, fish, eggs, alternative grains such as quinoa, and processed gluten-free foods. Going gluten free can have a variety of health benefits, such as reduced inflammation, improved digestion, and greater overall energy. It is especially beneficial for those with Celiac Disease or a gluten sensitivity, as avoiding gluten is essential for managing symptoms. For the rest of us, it’s a great way to enjoy a nutritious and budget-friendly diet. Ultimately, going gluten free is a wonderful way to prioritize your health and wellbeing.
Try this as your next healthier meal option to serve up for you and your loved ones:
-1 lb. lean ground beef
-2 stalks lemongrass, thinly sliced
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-2 tablespoons fish sauce
-1 teaspoon sugar
-2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
-2 tablespoons olive oil
-1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
-1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
-2 handfuls of cashew nuts, toasted
-1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
-juice of 1 large lime
-salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
2. Add the ground beef and break it up with a wooden spoon or spatula. Season generously with salt and pepper.
3. Cook for 4-5 minutes until the beef is browned and cooked through.
4. Add the lemongrass, garlic, fish sauce, sugar, and soy sauce and stir. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens.
5. Add the bell pepper and cilantro and stir. Cook for 2-3 more minutes until the vegetables are tender.
6. Add the cashew nuts, ginger, and lime juice. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
7. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more salt or pepper if needed.
Serve over cooked rice or your favorite gluten-free noodles. Enjoy!