Your cart is currently empty!
Super Delicious & Gluten-Free Meal Guide, Recipe Post #62: Thai Coconut Curry with Shrimp
Being gluten free means avoiding foods that contain gluten, a type of protein most commonly found in rye, wheat, and barley. Gluten free diets are popular for a variety of reasons and come with some major health benefits! In terms of food, many naturally gluten free ingredients form the core of a gluten free diet, such as fresh fruits and vegetables, lean proteins, nuts and seeds, legumes, dairy products, grains like corn, quinoa, and buckwheat, and pseudocereals like amaranth and teff. Gluten free diets tend to strongly emphasize increasing intake of nutrient-dense foods. This provides an array of health benefits, such as improving digestion, boosting energy, and improving overall health. Adopting a gluten free lifestyle can be challenging, but many people experience positive health benefits when they stick to it!
Try this as your next healthier meal option to serve up for you and your loved ones:
-1 teaspoon of olive oil
-1 onion, chopped
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger
-1 red pepper, sliced
-1 can of Thai curry paste
-1 can coconut milk
-2 tablespoons of fish sauce
-1 tablespoon of brown sugar
-1 pound of peeled and deveined shrimp
-1 cup of green peas
-1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add the onion and sauté for 3 minutes, or until softened.
3. Add the garlic and ginger and sauté for 1 minute.
4. Add the red pepper and sauté for another 2 minutes.
5. Stir in the curry paste and cook for an additional minute.
6. Pour in the coconut milk and bring the mixture to a simmer.
7. Add the fish sauce and brown sugar and stir to combine.
8. Add the shrimp and cook for 5 minutes or until they are cooked through.
9. Add the green peas and cook for another 3 minutes.
10. Finally, stir in the cilantro and serve over jasmine rice.