Being gluten-free means you make a conscious choice to eliminate gluten—a complex protein found in grains such as wheat, barley, and rye—from your diet. Foods that are naturally gluten-free include proteins like turkey and beef, fruits and vegetables including bell peppers, onions, garlic, and tomatoes, dairy products like cheddar cheese, and a host of grains and seeds such as quinoa. Incorporating these foods into your meals, like in this amazing stuffed bell pepper recipe, can have fantastic health benefits. Not only can a gluten-free lifestyle aid those with celiac disease, gluten sensitivity, or wheat allergy, but it can also help reduce inflammation, promote digestive health, and boost energy levels. So why not give it a try? Grab some bell peppers, ground turkey or beef, and a few more simple ingredients, and put together a delicious, healthy, gluten-free meal right in your own kitchen! And remember – you don’t have to sacrifice taste to live a healthy lifestyle. Embrace the zest of life with every gluten-free dish!
Try this as your next healthier meal option to serve up for you and your loved ones:
– 4 large bell peppers (any color)
– 1 lb. ground turkey or beef
– 1 onion, finely chopped
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 cup of cooked quinoa
– 1 cup of chopped tomatoes
– 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
– 1 tablespoon of olive oil
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Chopped parsley for garnish
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. Cut the tops off the bell peppers and remove the seeds and membranes.
3. Place the peppers in a baking dish, standing them upright.
4. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until they’re soft and fragrant.
5. Add the ground turkey/beef to the skillet and cook until it’s no longer pink.
6. Stir in the cooked quinoa and chopped tomatoes. Cook for a couple more minutes until everything is well combined.
7. Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
8. Spoon the mixture into the prepared bell peppers until they are full.
9. Sprinkle with the shredded cheese (if using).
10. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for about 30 minutes.
11. Remove the foil and bake for another 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
12. Before serving, garnish with chopped parsley.
This gluten-free stuffed bell peppers recipe is a full meal that covers protein, grains, and vegetables. You can also modify it to your liking, such as using different types of meat or adding more vegetables. Enjoy your meal!