If you’re someone who’s living a gluten free lifestyle, then you already know the amazing benefits that come with it! Going gluten free means avoiding all foods and products that contain gluten – a protein found in wheat, rye and barley. This means cutting out common food items such as bread, pasta, bagels and pizza, as well as some sauces and seasonings. On the flip side, this lifestyle also opens up so many great gluten-free options, such as rice, quinoa, fresh fruits and vegetables, and various other grains. And the health benefits of a gluten free lifestyle? Well, some people find that eating a gluten free diet helps reduce inflammation, improve energy levels, and even aid with digestive issues. So if you’re considering going gluten free, you may just be pleasantly surprised at the health and lifestyle benefits you experience!
Try this as your next healthier meal option to serve up for you and your loved ones:
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 medium onion, chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 red bell pepper, chopped
– 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
– 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1/2-inch cubes
– 1 teaspoon chili powder
– 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
– 1/2 teaspoon cumin
– 1/2 teaspoon oregano
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
– 1/4 cup frozen corn
– 1/4 cup salsa
– 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
2. Add the bell pepper and jalapeno and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add the sweet potatoes and cook for 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender.
4. Add the chili powder, smoked paprika, cumin, oregano, and salt and stir until everything is evenly coated.
5. Add the black beans, corn, and salsa and stir until everything is combined.
6. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until everything is heated through.
7. Serve with a sprinkle of cilantro.