Being gluten-free is all about excluding a protein called gluten found in wheat, barley, and rye from your diet. It’s almost like embarking on a food adventure where you’ll discover loads of gluten-free delicacies like fresh fruits, vegetables, eggs, meat, fish, beans, nuts, and many dairy products. Who knew sticking to gluten-free meals could provide such a variety? You might be amazed to hear that gluten-free food often comes with a host of health benefits. It can help improve digestion, increase energy levels, reduce inflammation, and even weight loss in some cases. It’s also essential for those with celiac disease – a condition where the body cannot tolerate gluten. So, whether you decide to go gluten-free for health reasons or just want to experiment with your diet, it can be a surprisingly delicious and healthy journey. It’s like shedding an old dietary skin and discovering a vivacious, nutritious you underneath!
Try this as your next healthier meal option to serve up for you and your loved ones:
– 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
– 1 cup broccoli florets
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– Salt and pepper
For the Honey Garlic Sauce:
– 1 teaspoon minced garlic
– 1/4 cup gluten-free soy sauce or tamari
– 1/4 cup honey
– 2 tablespoons lemon juice
– 1 teaspoon cornstarch
1. In a small bowl, make the honey garlic sauce by combining garlic, gluten-free soy sauce, honey, lemon juice, and cornstarch. Stir until well mixed and set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Cook until pink, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
3. Add the broccoli florets to the pan and cook until they’re tender, about 3-5 minutes.
4. Pour the honey garlic sauce over the shrimp and broccoli. Stir and cook for additional 2-3 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
5. Once the shrimp are cooked and the broccoli is tender, your dish is ready to serve. You can serve it over a bed of cooked quinoa or rice for added satisfaction!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Hope you enjoy this tasty and healthy gluten-free meal! Be sure to double-check all sauce and seasoning labels to confirm they are gluten-free.