Being gluten free can be a life changing experience – and a delicious one too! Gluten free foods include simple, fresh, and natural items like fruits, vegetables, meats, fish, eggs, nuts, seeds, and legumes. Grains like rice, quinoa, and amaranth are also gluten free, which means you still get to enjoy lots of yummy carbs like gluten free pasta, oatmeal, and desserts. Going gluten free can improve your digestive system, allow for better nutrient absorption, help with weight loss and reduce inflammation. Not sure where to start? Try replacing wheat pasta with quinoa, corn tortillas instead of wheat, and light, crispy snacks like rice cakes. There’s lots of exciting and tasty recipes out there! Going gluten free can really be a delightful and delicious journey.
Try this as your next healthier meal option to serve up for you and your loved ones:
-1 lb raw jumbo shrimp (peeled and deveined)
-4 cloves garlic (minced)
-4 tbsp olive oil
-1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
-3/4 tsp salt
-1/4 tsp ground black pepper
-1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
-4 medium zucchini (spiralized)
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to the pan.
2. Once the oil is hot, add the shrimp. Cook for 2 minutes before flipping the shrimp and adding the garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Cook for another 2 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked through.
3. Transfer the shrimp to a plate and set aside.
4. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan. Add the spiralized zucchini and sauté for 3 minutes.
5. Add the cooked shrimp back to the pan and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over top. Cook for another minute or so until the cheese has melted.
6. Serve the garlic parmesan shrimp and zucchini noodles immediately. Enjoy!