Your cart is currently empty!
Super Delicious & Gluten-Free Meal Guide, Recipe Post #10: Pesto Cauliflower Steaks
Being gluten-free means excluding all foods that contain a certain type of protein called gluten. Gluten is found in wheat, barley and rye, all of which are pretty common ingredients used in bread, cereal, and many other products. It’s important to be aware that gluten can also hide in some processed foods such as soups, energy bars and even seasoning mixes – so it’s always best to check the labels. Foods that are naturally free of gluten include fruits and vegetables, rice, beans, quinoa, nuts, dairy products, and certified gluten-free grains such as millet, teff, amaranth, and buckwheat. There are various health benefits associated with following a gluten-free diet, from improved digestion to increased energy and better weight management. Many people also report that they feel better and experience fewer negative symptoms if they exclude gluten from their diet. So if you’re curious about the health benefits of following a gluten-free diet, it’s definitely worth considering and trying out!
Try this as your next healthier meal option to serve up for you and your loved ones:
-1 large head of cauliflower, cut into 1-inch steaks
-3 tablespoons olive oil
-1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
-1 cup prepared gluten-free pesto
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place the cauliflower steaks on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
3. Bake for 12 minutes, flipping the steaks once during baking.
4. Spread each steak with the pesto. Bake for an additional 8-10 minutes, until the cauliflower is tender.
5. Serve the steaks hot. Enjoy!