Going gluten free can feel daunting, but it doesn’t have to be! Eating a gluten free diet means avoiding any food that contains a gluten protein and opting for alternatives instead. Foods like fruits, vegetables, beans, rice, unprocessed meats and dairy, nuts and seeds, and gluten free grains like amaranth, teff, sorghum, quinoa and millet are all gluten free and part of a healthy, gluten free diet. Not only is removing gluten from your diet believed to improve digestive health, but it may also reduce inflammation and decrease the risk of developing illnesses like heart disease. So, give a gluten free diet a try – you may be pleasantly surprised at how much better you feel!
Try this as your next healthier meal option to serve up for you and your loved ones:
-1 tablespoon olive oil
-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
-Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
-1 cup sliced mushrooms
-1/2 cup diced onions
-4 cloves garlic, minced
-2 cups gluten-free chicken broth
-1/2 cup coconut milk
-1/4 cup almond flour
-1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
-1/4 teaspoon ground oregano
-1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
-2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
-3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Add mushrooms and onions and cook until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
4. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
5. Add chicken broth, coconut milk, almond flour, thyme, oregano and garlic powder to the skillet and stir to combine.
6. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Add parsley and Parmesan cheese and stir to combine.
8. Serve with your favorite gluten-free pasta or steamed vegetables. Enjoy!