Going gluten-free can be a challenging lifestyle change, but the health benefits are hard to beat. Gluten is a protein found in wheat, rye, barley, and other grains and is commonly used to make bread and other products. A gluten-free diet excludes these grains and any foods that contain gluten, like most types of bread, cake, and pasta. Gluten-free foods can be a bit harder to find at the grocery store, but there are increasing numbers of baked goods, noodles, sauces, cereals, and snacks that are easy and delicious. The health benefits of going gluten-free include improved digestion, increased energy levels, and better overall well-being. We all have different bodies and nutrition needs, so if you’re considering going gluten-free, I suggest you talk to your doctor or a nutritionist before making any drastic diet changes.
Try this as your next healthier meal option to serve up for you and your loved ones:
-2 (4-5 oz) salmon fillets (fresh or frozen)
-1/4 cup gluten-free tamari or soy sauce
-2 Tbsp honey
-1/2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
-1 garlic clove, minced
-1/4 tsp sesame oil
-1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1. Rinse salmon under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together tamari, honey, ginger, garlic, and sesame oil.
3. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush the salmon with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper. Place salmon in the pan and cook for about 4 minutes.
4. Flip the salmon over and brush the tops with the teriyaki sauce. Cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through and the sauce is lightly charred.
5. Serve with your favorite sides. Enjoy!