Your cart is currently empty!
Super Delicious & Gluten-Free Meal Guide, Recipe Post #628: Grilled Sausage and Vegetable Foil Packets
To be gluten free simply means to choose food that does not contain the protein gluten. Gluten is found in most grain products like wheat, rye and barley. Some people have gluten sensitivities and are required to follow a gluten free diet. A gluten free diet consists of many foods like fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, legumes, quinoa, rice, dairy and eggs. Gluten free individuals may experience a number of health improvements such as increased energy levels, better mental clarity, healthy gut bacteria balance, and a decrease in digestive issues like bloating and constipation. A gluten free diet can also help promote overall long-term health as it can be lower in unhealthy fats and sugar than traditional diets that aren’t gluten-free. Making the switch to a gluten free lifestyle can absolutely be a beneficial one! Good luck on your journey to healthier and happier you!
Try this as your next healthier meal option to serve up for you and your loved ones:
– 4 fully cooked gluten-free sausage links, sliced
– 1 large red bell pepper, diced
– 1 large yellow bell pepper, diced
– 2 small zucchinis, diced
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Optional: chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
2. Cut 4 pieces of aluminum foil, each about 18 inches long. Place each piece on a flat surface.
3. Divide the sausage, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper and zucchini among the four pieces of foil. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with garlic powder, crushed red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
4. Fold each piece of foil to make packets. Place on the preheated grill and cook for 10-12 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
5. Carefully open packets and sprinkle with fresh parsley, if desired. Serve warm. Enjoy!