Being gluten free means excluding gluten from your diet, which is a unique challenge as gluten is found in many of the foods we consume, such as wheat, rye and barley. But becoming gluten free does not mean you have to deprive yourself of tasty snacks. There are many delicious gluten free foods ranging from fresh fruits and vegetables to quinoa, rice, and potatoes. There are also many brands of gluten free bread, pasta, and other snacks that make it easier to stay away from gluten. Choosing to be gluten free also comes with many health benefits. Most significantly, it can help reduce inflammation in the body and improve digestion. Additionally, it can give you more energy, clear your skin, and promote weight loss. All in all, being gluten free can be a satisfying and rewarding experience.
Try this as your next healthier meal option to serve up for you and your loved ones:
– 2 pieces of fresh salmon
– 2 large sweet potatoes, diced
– 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and halved
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– Salt and black pepper
– 1 lemon, halved
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Place the diced sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts onto a baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with the garlic powder, oregano, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, stirring once in between.
4. Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, sprinkle the salmon fillets with salt and black pepper.
5.Add the salmon to the hot skillet and cook for 4 minutes per side or until you reach 145°F.
6. Squeeze the lemon halves over the cooked salmon.
7. Serve with the roasted sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts. Enjoy!