Being gluten free means avoiding eating foods that contain gluten, such as wheat, rye and barley. Gluten free foods are made with alternative grains such as rice, quinoa, buckwheat, sorghum and millet. Eating a gluten free diet can provide some potential health benefits such as reducing discomfort and bloating from celiac disease, and it can help with weight loss. It can also provide more vitamins and minerals in your meal plan. Being gluten free is all about finding the right balance of gluten free replacements and maintaining a healthy food lifestyle.
Try this as your next healthier meal option to serve up for you and your loved ones:
1 large salmon fillet
1 red onion
1 jalapeno pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
3 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1. Combine all salsa ingredients (avocado, tomato, onion, jalapeno pepper, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, and sea salt) and mix together. Place aside.
2. Preheat a reliable grill pan in medium-high heat.
3. Brush the salmon with olive oil and season with sea salt.
4. Place the salmon on the preheated grill pan and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side.
5. Top the grilled salmon with the avocado salsa and serve.