Your cart is currently empty!
Super Delicious & Gluten-Free Meal Guide, Recipe Post #793: Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa
Being gluten free means consciously avoiding food that contains a certain protein found in wheat, rye and barley. This is important for people who are sensitive to gluten, and those who have a medical diagnosis of either celiac disease or non-celiac gluten sensitivity. Eating gluten free also has many potential benefits, even if you don’t suffer from an sensitivity. Gluten free foods include fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains such as quinoa, buckwheat, and amaranth, eggs, nuts and seeds, and gluten-free substitute grains like granola and oats. People who follow a gluten free diet tend to eat less processed foods than those who don’t, and as a result, get more fiber, vitamins and minerals, all of which can greatly improve your health. Additionally, gluten free diets have been linked to a decrease in inflammation, overall improved mental well being, and even a boosted immune system. All in all, there are many benefits to incorporating gluten free foods into your daily diet.
Try this as your next healthier meal option to serve up for you and your loved ones:
– 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper
– 1 cup diced avocado
– 1/4 cup diced tomato
– 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
– 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
– 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
2. Brush the salmon fillets with the oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Place the salmon on the grill and cook for 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the avocado, tomato, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, and oil.
4. Serve the grilled salmon hot with the avocado salsa.