When someone decides to go gluten free, it can seem like a daunting task at first. It simply means that you are doing your best to avoid foods that contain gluten, which are grains like wheat, rye, and barley. So, it’s important to read labels and be aware of what’s in your food. But it’s totally worth it — there are so many delicious gluten-free options out there. Some examples of gluten-free foods include fruits, veggies, meat, potatoes, rice, quinoa, beans, most dairy products, and oats – so you’ll still be able to enjoy a variety of meals. Not to mention, eating gluten-free has been linked to numerous health benefits, such as decreasing inflammation, improving digestion, and promoting a healthy weight. So, if you’ve ever thought about making the switch to gluten-free, there’s no better time than now!
Try this as your next healthier meal option to serve up for you and your loved ones:
• 4 white fish fillets, such as halibut, cod, tilapia, or sea bass
• 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• Juice of 2 limes
• 3 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1 teaspoon sea salt
• 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 red bell pepper, halved
• 1 zucchini, halved
• 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
• 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
1. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
2. In a shallow dish, combine the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the fish to the marinade and turn to coat all sides. Set aside.
3. Grill the bell pepper and zucchini halves for 3-4 minutes each side, until tender and lightly charred.
4. Brush the grill with some oil and add the fish. Grill for 4-5 minutes per side, or until cooked through and the flesh easily flakes with a fork.
5. Serve the grilled veggies with the fish and sprinkle with the chopped parsley and cilantro. Enjoy!