Being gluten free means that you have consciously decided to remove gluten and its derivatives from your diet, as gluten can be difficult to digest for some people. When following a gluten free diet, you are avoiding gluten-containing foods like wheat, barley, rye, oats, and some processed foods. Many types of grains, seafood, meats, fruits, vegetables, and dairy products are gluten free. Gluten free diets are known to help people who have celiac disease, gluten sensitivity, and/or non-celiac gluten sensitivity. People who are gluten free can often find that they have more energy, their digestive systems are better, and they are generally less bloated – all due to avoiding gluten! If you’re thinking of going gluten free, it’s best to consult a professional first to get started safely and correctly.
Try this as your next healthier meal option to serve up for you and your loved ones:
1 pound halibut fillet, skin removed
1/2 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon ground mustard powder
2 tablespoons white wine
2 tablespoons capers
2 red potatoes, cubed
1. Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
2. Rub the halibut with the olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper and place on the preheated grill. Cook for 7 to 8 minutes on each side or until lightly charred and cooked through.
3. While the fish is grilling, prepare the herb sauce. In a small bowl, combine the garlic, parsley, dill, olive oil, lemon juice, ground mustard powder, white wine, and capers. Stir to combine and set aside.
4. Place the cubed potatoes on a sheet pan and lightly mist with olive oil. Sprinkle with sea salt and place on the preheated grill. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally, or until golden brown and cooked through.
5. To serve, divide the cooked potatoes onto two plates. Top with the grilled halibut and spoon the herb sauce over top. Enjoy!