Being gluten free isn’t always easy, but it’s one of the most positive changes you can make for your health. Gluten-free foods are those that don’t contain the protein gluten found in wheat, barley, and rye. Foods like fresh fruits and vegetables, eggs, beans, nuts, fish, meat, dairy, and many grains like rice and quinoa are naturally gluten-free. Making the switch to eating gluten free can help alleviate symptoms of digestive issues, joint pain, fatigue, and many other chronic health conditions. Eliminating unwanted gluten from your diet may also promote weight loss and increased energy, and could also reduce your risk for certain types of cancers. Making the switch to a gluten-free lifestyle can definitely be difficult at first, but it’s worth it in the end!
Try this as your next healthier meal option to serve up for you and your loved ones:
-2 medium disks of eggplant
-1/2 large zucchini
-1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
-1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
-1 tablespoon olive oil
-Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
2. Slice the disks of eggplant into 1/4″ slices. Slice the zucchini lengthwise into 1/4″ slices.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the feta cheese, parsley, olive oil, salt and pepper.
4. Place the eggplant slices on the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until lightly charred and cooked through.
5. Spread a layer of the feta cheese mixture on the top side of each eggplant slice.
6. Place a slice of zucchini on top of the eggplant and roll up. Secure each roll-up with a toothpick.
7. Place the roll-ups on the grill and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes, or until the zucchini is lightly charred.
8. Serve warm.