Being gluten free is not just a diet, it’s a lifestyle and requires dedication and mindful eating. Gluten free foods are foods that do not contain any ingredients made from wheat, barley, rye, or a hybrid of these grains. Gluten free foods can include fresh fruits and vegetables, meat, fish, beans, and nuts. Diet staples like pasta, bread, and cereal can also be found in gluten free versions. Going gluten free offers a lot of health benefits, especially for those with celiac disease, non-celiac gluten sensitivity, or a wheat allergy. People with these conditions are often prescribed a gluten free diet to help ease symptoms such as joint pain, digestive issues, and fatigue. For those without any of these conditions, eating gluten free may even provide additional benefits such as weight loss. So whether you are looking for relief from symptoms or a healthier lifestyle, going gluten free may be the right choice for you.
Try this as your next healthier meal option to serve up for you and your loved ones:
• 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
• 1/2 large pineapple, cut into cubes
• 2-3 large sweet potatoes, cut into cubes
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1 tsp. smoked paprika
• 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
• 1/2 tsp. onion powder
• 1/4 tsp. chili powder
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, pineapple, sweet potatoes, olive oil, and all the spices. Toss to coat.
3. Spread the mixture onto a greased baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Skewer the vegetables and chicken and grill over medium-high heat for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
5. Serve alongside your favorite side dish and enjoy!