Being gluten free means being conscious of what you aren’t consuming. Such as wheat, rye and barley which contain gliadin, a protein that can cause damage to the small intestine in some individuals. People with several allergies to gluten should try to identify all sources of gluten, including many processed foods. It’s important to check labels of all food items as even small traces of the protein can still be present. When eating gluten free, opting for more natural foods is the way to go. Fruits, vegetables, grains, and legumes are all ideal as they are naturally gluten-free. The health benefits of being gluten free are something you should consider– staying away from processed foods and refined grains may have positive health outcomes. Research shows that people on a gluten-free diet consume fewer calories, have healthier gut bacteria, and improved digestion. Plus, you can always mix things up and try delicious gluten-free recipes and create exciting meals for yourself!
Try this as your next healthier meal option to serve up for you and your loved ones:
– 4 chicken breasts
– 1 orange, cut into wedges
– 2 carrots, sliced
– 1 red bell pepper, sliced
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
– 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the grill to medium heat.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, oregano, garlic powder, and salt and pepper.
3. Place the chicken and vegetables on a large plate, and pour the balsamic marinade over them. Toss everything to coat.
4. Grill the chicken and vegetables for 15-20 minutes, flipping them around halfway through so they cook evenly. Cook until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
5. Serve the chicken and vegetables with the orange wedges. Enjoy!