Being gluten free means that you don’t eat any food products that contain gluten, including wheat, barley, and rye. If you are gluten free, you’ll need to avoid foods like bread, cake, cookies, pasta, and more. Fortunately, there are plenty of delicious and nutritious food options available in the gluten-free category such as fruits and vegetables, legumes, nuts and seeds, and meat and fish. Being gluten free is a growing trend among individuals aiming to improve their overall health. Studies show that a gluten free diet can be beneficial for individuals who have been diagnosed with celiac disease, an autoimmune disorder, as well as those who do not have known gluten sensitivities, although it may take several weeks to notice any notable changes. The health benefits of cutting out gluten include increased energy levels, improved digestion, better sleep, and weight loss. For those who follow a gluten free diet, it’s important to remember to stay well informed about what they should and shouldn’t be eating to maintain good health. Eating a variety of nourishing whole foods is key to ensure that you get all the necessary nutrients your body needs.
Try this as your next healthier meal option to serve up for you and your loved ones:
• 2 zucchini, grated
• 2 eggs
• 1/4 cup gluten-free oat flour
• 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
• 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 teaspoon dried basil
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the grated zucchini, eggs, oat flour, Parmesan cheese, chives, garlic powder, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Mix all the ingredients together.
3. Form the mixture into four patties.
4. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
5. Place the zucchini patties into the skillet and cook for about 4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
6. Place the cooked zucchini patties onto a baking sheet and bake in the oven for an additional 10 minutes to set the burgers.
7. Serve the zucchini burgers with your favorite toppings on a gluten-free bun. Enjoy!