Your cart is currently empty!
Super Delicious & Gluten-Free Meal Guide, Recipe Post #489: Gluten Free Sunshine Burgers
Being gluten free means avoiding any food or drink that contains gluten. Gluten, a protein found in wheat, barley, and rye, can cause inflammation and irritation in some people. People living with celiac disease and gluten sensitivities must adhere to a strict gluten free diet. Fortunately, there are lots of delicious foods that are gluten free! Fruits, vegetables, meats, dairy, nuts, eggs, and certain grains such as quinoa, buckwheat, and millet are all gluten free. Eating a gluten free diet does have some health benefits. This type of diet can help improve digestion and reduce inflammation, as well as increase your intake of vitamins and minerals. Being gluten free can also help you lose weight since you will be focussing on eating whole foods that are not processed or refined. Eating gluten free is a wonderful way to take care of your health, so don’t be afraid to try it out and see how it makes you feel!
Try this as your next healthier meal option to serve up for you and your loved ones:
-1 pound ground chicken
-1 teaspoon sea salt
-1 teaspoon garlic powder
-1 teaspoon ground turmeric
-1 teaspoon ground cumin
-2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
-1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
-1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
-4 gluten free hamburger buns
-1 avocado, sliced into thin slices
-1/4 cup red onion, diced
-1/2 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground chicken, salt, garlic powder, tumeric, cumin, cilantro and lime juice until well combined.
2. Form the chicken mixture into 4 equal-sized patties.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Place the patties in the skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until the patties are cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
5. Place the buns on a plate and assemble the burgers by topping each bun with a cooked patty, avocado slices, red onion and lettuce.