Eating a gluten-free diet definitely has its pros! It can provide a range of benefits, such as improved digestion, reduced inflammation, and a boost in energy levels. Going gluten-free involves avoiding all foods that contain gluten, which are typically found in bread, cereals, pastas, baked goods, and more. The good news is there are still plenty of delicious options available, like fresh fruits, veggies, lean proteins, beans, nuts, seeds, and gluten-free grains like quinoa, rice, and buckwheat. It can be hard to make the switch to a gluten-free diet, but you will find it to be an incredibly rewarding experience. Not only are you supporting your body’s health, but with so many delicious and nutritious options, the possibilities are truly endless!
Try this as your next healthier meal option to serve up for you and your loved ones:
-1/2 lb Ground sausage
-1 Red bell pepper, diced
-1/2 Onion, diced
-2 cloves Garlic, minced
-1/2 tsp Ground cumin
-1/4 tsp Chili powder
-1/4 tsp Smoked paprika
-1/4 tsp Salt
-4 large Eggs
-1/4 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
-4 Gluten-free tortillas
-1/4 cup Salsa
1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the sausage, bell pepper, and onion until the sausage is browned and the vegetables are tender.
2. Add the garlic and spices and cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
3. Beat the eggs in a bowl and pour into the skillet. Stir until the eggs are cooked through.
4. Reduce the heat to medium-low and stir in the cheese.
5. Place the tortillas on a plate and divide the egg mixture among them. Top each with 2 tablespoons of salsa.
6. Roll up the burritos and serve.