Try this as your next healthier meal option to serve up for you and your loved ones:
-1 15-ounce block of firm tofu, pressed and cubed
-1 tablespoon olive oil
-1 teaspoon sesame oil
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
-1/4 cup soy sauce
-2 tablespoons mirin or sherry
-2 cups cooked brown or white rice
-1 red bell pepper, sliced
-2 carrots, julienned
-4 green onions, thinly sliced
-1/4 cup sesame seeds
-2 tablespoons sesame oil
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Spread the cubed tofu onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes, flipping the cubes halfway through, until golden brown and crispy.
3. In a small bowl mix together the olive oil, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and mirin/sherry until combined.
4. In a large skillet heat the sesame oil and stir-fry the bell pepper, carrots and green onions for 2-3 minutes until crisp-tender.
5. Add the baked tofu cubes into the skillet and pour the sauce overtop. Stir-fry the mixture for an additional 3-4 minutes until everything is coated in the sauce.
6. Spoon the rice onto a plate and top with the tofu and veggies. Drizzle any remaining sauce over top and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Enjoy!