Your cart is currently empty!
Super Delicious & Gluten-Free Meal Guide, Recipe Post #597: Gluten-Free Mexican Quinoa Bowls
Being gluten-free means eating a diet that does not include any gluten-containing grains, such as wheat, rye, and barley. It can be hard at first as you have to really pay attention to what you’re eating, especially when eating out, but the health benefits make it worth the effort! Gluten-free diets can be very healthy, since they often consist of naturally gluten-free ingredients like fresh fruits and veggies, various nuts and seeds, legumes, and gluten-free grains like quinoa, buckwheat, or brown rice. Eating gluten-free also helps support a healthier digestive system, can improve energy levels, and help keep blood sugar levels balanced. All around, it’s a great way to stay healthy and take care of your body!
Try this as your next healthier meal option to serve up for you and your loved ones:
-1 cup quinoa
-1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
-1 bell pepper, diced
-1/2 cup frozen corn
-1/2 onion, diced
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-1/2 teaspoon chili powder
-1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
-1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
-1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
-Salt and pepper
-1/2 cup chunky salsa
-1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
-1 tablespoon lime juice
-1/4 cup guacamole
-1/4 cup queso fresco
1. Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper, corn, onion and garlic. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 5-7 minutes.
3. Stir in chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
4. Add black beans and cooked quinoa to the skillet. Stir to combine, and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until everything is warmed through.
5. To assemble the bowls, divide the quinoa and vegetables between two bowls. Top each bowl with salsa, cilantro, lime juice, guacamole and queso fresco. Serve immediately.