Gluten free means no wheat, barley, rye or any ingredient like wheat that contains gluten. It means no bread, pasta, pastries, cakes, cereal, breading, and so much more. But it’s not as much of a challenge as you may think – there are plenty of gluten free substitutes, as well as gluten free products on the rise. When you’re eating gluten free, you can still enjoy all your favorite foods and recipes, just by making a few simple substitutions. You can still have pizza with gluten free pizza crust, burgers with gluten free buns, and even chocolate chip cookies and brownies with gluten free flour. Most importantly, a gluten free diet can help certain health conditions like celiac disease, gluten sensitivity, and irritable bowel syndrome. And for those who don’t have any of these conditions, a gluten free diet can be a great way to enjoy all the benefits of a healthy lifestyle. Eating a balanced diet full of fresh fruits and vegetables, lean proteins, and heart-healthy fats can do wonders for your overall health and wellness.
Try this as your next healthier meal option to serve up for you and your loved ones:
2 large chicken breasts, butterflied and pounded to a thin cutlet
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons gluten-free flour blend
1 cup chicken stock
2 tablespoons minced garlic
4 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons capers
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Heat olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Place chicken in pan and cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side.
4. Remove from heat and set aside on a plate.
5. Add remaining butter to pan and melt.
6. Whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute.
7. Gradually whisk in chicken stock. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
8. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
9. Stir in garlic, lemon juice, and capers, and simmer for an additional 2 minutes.
10. Return chicken to the skillet and simmer until cooked through, about 3 minutes.
11. Serve with pasta or roasted potatoes, and garnish with parsley. Enjoy!