Being gluten free can be a great way to enhance your health, and it doesn’t have to be a hassle! Gluten free living means avoiding food and drink that contain wheat, rye, or barley – the main source of gluten. This includes cakes, breads, and even beer. The good news is that there are so many delicious and satisfying alternatives out there. Foods like quinoa, rice, potatoes, fruits, vegetables, and most dairy products are gluten free and there are tons of tasty gluten free recipes to explore. There are lots of potential health benefits to a gluten free lifestyle, such as improved digestion, increased energy, sharper thinking, and even weight loss. It’s also a great choice for anyone with Celiac Disease, which is an autoimmune disorder that causes severe damage to the small intestine when someone consumes gluten. Why not give it a try and see how it works for you?
Try this as your next healthier meal option to serve up for you and your loved ones:
2 lbs chicken tenders
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon each salt and black pepper
1/4 cup gluten-free panko-style breadcrumbs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425˚ F and grease a rimmed baking sheet.
2. Rub the olive oil over the chicken tenders and set aside.
3. Combine the flour, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl and mix.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the panko and parmesan.
5. Working with one chicken tender at a time, dredge it in the flour mixture, shaking off excess, and then dip it into the panko mixture and press to adhere.
6. Place the chicken tenders on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes until golden and crispy.
7. Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!