Embracing a gluten-free lifestyle means eliminating grains like wheat, barley, and rye from your diet, ingredients often found in breads, pastas, and cereals. However, when you feast on a brightly-flavored dish like this savory stir fry, packed with fresh ingredients like chicken breasts, red and yellow peppers, onion, garlic, broccoli, and carrots, you won’t miss the gluten at all! By whipping up your meals from naturally gluten-free foods, such as these vibrant veggies and lean meats, you are not only avoiding potential health complications if you are intolerant or allergic to gluten but also ensuring a nutrient-rich diet. Dressed with gluten-free soy sauce for an added flavor kick and sautéed in healthy vegetable oil, this stir fry is a tour de force of taste and healthiness. Plus, you can even sprinkle your creation with optional toppings like sesame seeds and green onions for an extra burst of flavor. So, why not take the plunge? Dive into delicious, gluten-free cooking starting with this vibrant, easy-to-make stir fry. Your body and taste buds will thank you for it – enjoy the journey to a healthier you!
Try this as your next healthier meal option to serve up for you and your loved ones:
– 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
– 1 red pepper, sliced
– 1 yellow pepper, sliced
– 1 onion, sliced
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 cup broccoli florets
– 2 carrots, sliced into thin strips
– 3 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce (ensure the brand is gluten free)
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Optional toppings: sesame seeds, green onions
1. Heat one tablespoon of oil in a large pan or wok over medium-high heat.
2. Season the chicken strips with salt and pepper and add them to the pan. Cook until they’re no longer pink in the middle, about 4-5 minutes. Once cooked, remove them from the pan and set them aside.
3. Add another tablespoon of oil to the pan. Add the onion and garlic, and sauté them until they’re softened, about 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the peppers, carrots, and broccoli to the pan. Stir-fry them until they’re tender-crisp, about 5 minutes.
5. Return the cooked chicken to the pan. Add the gluten-free soy sauce and stir everything together well, ensuring the sauce coats all the ingredients.
6. Cook for another couple of minutes until everything is hot and well combined.
7. Serve the stir fry with a sprinkle of sesame seeds or green onions on top if desired. You can also serve over a bed of cooked quinoa or gluten-free rice for a fuller meal.
Enjoy your Gluten-Free Chicken Stir Fry!