Being gluten-free is a dietary choice or necessity for some, where they exclude the proteins found in grains like wheat, barley, and rye from their diet. This means embracing foods like boneless, skinless chicken breasts, enchilada sauce, shredded cheddar cheese, onions, bell peppers, black beans, corn, and spices like cumin and chili powder that are inherently gluten-free. It also involves choosing gluten-free alternatives for some products, such as gluten-free tortillas, which are often made from rice or corn flour, instead of wheat. Olive oil, a healthy source of fat, along with fresh cilantro for garnish, and optional sour cream, can all be effortlessly added to a gluten-free diet. Health benefits from this lifestyle can range from improved gut health to increased energy levels and reduced inflammation. It could bring luck to those suffering from Celiac disease or gluten-intolerance. With an abundance of delicious and nutritious gluten-free foods available, it’s more than possible to lead a full, varied and healthy lifestyle. So why not take charge of your health and embrace a gluten-free diet? Satisfy your taste buds with chicken enchiladas today! Make mealtime a joyous occasion to look forward to – dig in, savor each bite and reap the health benefits.
Try this as your next healthier meal option to serve up for you and your loved ones:
1. 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2. 1 cup gluten-free enchilada sauce
3. 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4. 1 onion, chopped
5. 1 bell pepper, chopped
6. 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
7. 1 cup corn, frozen or canned
8. 1 package gluten-free tortillas
9. 1 tsp cumin
10. 1 tsp chili powder
11. Salt to taste
12. 2 tbsp olive oil
13. Fresh cilantro for garnish
14. Sour cream, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. In a large pan, heat up the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper, then cook until they’re softened.
3. Add the chicken to the pan and sprinkle with cumin, chili powder, and salt. Cook until no longer pink.
4. Add the black beans and corn to the pan, stir everything until well-mixed then remove from heat.
5. Pour some of the enchilada sauce into the bottom of a baking dish to cover the surface.
6. Fill each gluten-free tortilla with the chicken mixture, and roll tightly. Place each rolled tortilla into the baking dish. Repeat until all the mixture is used up.
7. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the rolled tortillas, and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
8. Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
9. Serve with freshly chopped cilantro on top, plus sour cream if desired.
Enjoy your gluten-free chicken enchiladas! Serves about 4 people.