Being gluten-free is a lifestyle choice that eliminates the consumption of gluten, a protein found in grains like wheat, barley, rye, and triticale. This lifestyle choice caters not just to individuals with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity, but for many, it’s a fantastic step towards a healthier, redefined diet. Gluten-free foods include a wide variety of ingredients and dishes. Your diet can be bursting with lean proteins like flavorful boneless and skinless chicken breasts, well-seasoned with simple ingredients like salt and pepper. And let’s not forget the joys of aromatic garlic cloves, pure olive oil, rich heavy cream, sharp parmesan cheese, and unsalted butter that can elate your senses. Moreover, joy comes in the form of gluten-free pasta varieties, for instance, gluten-free fettuccine that is just as delicious and satisfying as the traditional kind. Going gluten-free brings numerous health benefits such as improved digestive health, increased energy, and potential weight loss. And who said delicious can’t be healthy? With a bit of creativity, gluten-free can easily mean flavor-full. So why not start your gluten-free journey now? The flavors are just as exciting, and the health benefits could be a welcome surprise!
Try this as your next healthier meal option to serve up for you and your loved ones:
– 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
– Salt and pepper (to taste)
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 cup heavy cream
– 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter
– 12 ounces gluten-free fettuccine
– Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
1. Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts to the skillet and cook until golden brown on both sides and cooked through, about 6-8 minutes per side. Once done, remove them from the skillet and let them rest.
3. In the same skillet, add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
4. Add the heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, and butter to the skillet. Stir until the cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth and creamy.
5. While making the sauce, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the gluten-free fettuccine according to the package instructions, until al dente. Drain well and set aside.
6. Cut the resting chicken breasts into slices.
7. Combine the cooked fettuccine and Alfredo sauce in the pot, and toss until the pasta is well coated.
8. Serve the pasta onto plates, top with the sliced chicken, sprinkle with fresh parsley, and enjoy your gluten-free meal.