Being gluten free means avoiding any food product containing gluten, which is a protein commonly found in wheat, barley, and rye. It also may be found in many processed or packaged foods, such as lunch meats, soups, and salad dressings. Gluten-free foods include meat, fish, fruits, vegetables, rice, potatoes, quinoa, buckwheat, nuts, and seeds. You can also use gluten-free oats and gluten-free flours for baking. The health benefits of being gluten free can be huge! A gluten free diet has been proven to help improve digestive health, reduce inflammation in the body and help to balance your hormones. It can also help reduce your risk for heart disease, diabetes and certain types of cancer. Furthermore, many people who go gluten-free find they have more energy, better sleep quality, and improved mental clarity. As you can see, there are lots of great benefits of being gluten free!
Try this as your next healthier meal option to serve up for you and your loved ones:
– 2 Tbsp. olive oil
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1/4 cup diced onion
– 1/2 cup chopped carrots
– 1/2 cup frozen peas
– 2 cups cauliflower rice
– 2 Tbsp. soy sauce (or tamari for gluten-free)
– 2 eggs, lightly beaten
– 2 green onions, chopped
– Sesame oil, for garnish
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add the garlic and onion and sauté for 1-2 minutes until softened.
3. Add the carrots and peas and sauté for 2-3 minutes until softened.
4. Add the cauliflower rice and soy sauce and mix together.
5. Push the cauliflower rice to one side of the pan and add the eggs.
6. Scramble the eggs in the pan until cooked through.
7. Mix the scrambled eggs into the cauliflower rice.
8. Garnish with chopped green onions and sesame oil.
9. Serve warm and enjoy!