Your cart is currently empty!
Super Delicious & Gluten-Free Meal Guide, Recipe Post #848: Garlic Sesame Roasted Shrimp
Being gluten-free doesn’t have to be overwhelming – in fact, it can be quite liberating! Basically, gluten-free means you can’t eat food that contains wheat, barley, and rye. The list of foods that are NOT gluten-free include (but isn’t limited to) cakes, cookies, bread, muffins, pizza dough, pasta, most kinds of cereal, and beer. On the other hand, some naturally gluten-free foods include potatoes, beans, lentils, corn, legumes, and fresh fruits and vegetables, plus, there are more gluten-free recipes becoming available every day. The health benefits of going gluten-free can range from better digestion to reduction of inflammation. Many people who go gluten-free feel a general improvement in their overall sense of wellbeing, including increased energy levels and even weight loss. Plus, reducing gluten intake helps reduce high carbohydrate levels, helping ensure our bodies have what they need in order to remain healthy.
Try this as your next healthier meal option to serve up for you and your loved ones:
-1/4 cup olive oil
-4 cloves garlic, minced
-2 tablespoons honey
-2 tablespoons gluten-free tamari or soy sauce
-2 tablespoons sesame oil
-1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
-2 pounds extra large shrimp, peeled and deveined
-2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, garlic, honey, tamari, sesame oil and ginger.
3. In a medium bowl, toss the shrimp with the sesame oil mixture until all the shrimp are evenly coated.
4. Place the shrimp on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the shrimp are cooked through and lightly golden.
6. Serve over rice and vegetables, garnished with extra sesame seeds. Enjoy!