Your cart is currently empty!
Super Delicious & Gluten-Free Meal Guide, Recipe Post #324: Garlic-Herb Baked Salmon
For many people, being gluten free means more than just avoiding wheat products. It’s a lifestyle choice that comes with both dietary restrictions and potential health benefits. Put simply, gluten is a protein found in wheat, barley, and rye. Gluten free alternatives include oats, rice, quinoa, buckwheat, and tapioca. Eating gluten free is a choice made to reduce gastrointestinal distress and other possible symptoms, including acne, joint pain, and fatigue. For people with gluten intolerances or allergies, being gluten free is key to staying healthy and feeling good. There’s also some evidence that eating a gluten free diet can have positive health benefits, like weight loss and reducing inflammation, for some people. All in all, being gluten free is a decision that shouldn’t be taken lightly, and should only be done under the advice and guidance of a medical professional.
Try this as your next healthier meal option to serve up for you and your loved ones:
• 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
• 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 tablespoons minced garlic
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
• 1 lemon, thinly sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper.
3. Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the salmon fillets and cook until lightly golden, about 3 minutes per side.
4. Transfer the salmon to the prepared baking sheet. Top with the garlic, parsley, basil, and dill. Arrange the lemon slices over the salmon.
5. Bake until the salmon is cooked through and the flesh flakes easily with a fork, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve immediately.