Being gluten free means making lifestyle changes in order to better health and wellness. Generally, this is accomplished by avoiding foods that are processed or contain wheat, rye or barley. It can be a very difficult change, but the health benefits can outweigh the inconvenience. Going gluten free can reduce inflammation within the body, improve energy levels and help with digestion among many other benefits. Many gluten-free diets are full of healthy foods such as fruits, vegetables, beans, legumes, nuts and seeds. These foods not only provide nutrition, but can also be delicious. With some planning and creativity, you can convert your favorite recipes to be gluten free and take advantage of this healthful lifestyle change!
Try this as your next healthier meal option to serve up for you and your loved ones:
-2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
-1/4 cup coconut milk
-1 tablespoon olive oil
-Juice of 1 lime
-1 teaspoon garlic powder
-1 teaspoon ground ginger
-1 teaspoon black pepper
-1 teaspoon dried cilantro
-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
-1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the coconut milk, olive oil, lime juice, garlic powder, ground ginger, black pepper, dried cilantro, cayenne pepper, and salt.
4. Dip each side of the chicken breasts into the coconut marinade, covering the chicken completely.
5. Place the chicken in a shallow baking dish.
6. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
7. Serve with a side of steamed vegetables or a salad and enjoy!