Being gluten free means avoiding all foods and drinks that contain gluten – a type of protein found in wheat, rye, and barley. By going gluten free, you can finally start to feel good again! You’ll be able to enjoy a variety of exciting and delicious foods that don’t contain gluten. These include fresh vegetables, fruits, meat, fish, dairy products, seeds, nuts, legumes, rice, and other gluten free grains such as quinoa, sorghum, and amaranth. Health benefits of being gluten free include improved digestion, increased energy, better moods and mental clarity, improved nutrient absorption, and even a healthier immune system! It’s important to note that eliminating gluten from your diet can seem like a big transition; with some research and guidance, you’ll be able to confidently enjoy a variety of gluten free foods.
Try this as your next healthier meal option to serve up for you and your loved ones:
– 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
– 2 limes, juiced and zested
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
– 1/4 teaspoon cumin
– 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
– 2 avocados, pitted and diced
– 1/4 cup red onion, diced
– 2/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
– 12 corn tortillas (use gluten-free if needed)
– Optional: diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, cheese, sour cream
1. Place the shrimp in a large bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the lime juice, lime zest, olive oil, garlic, chili powder, cumin, and smoked paprika. Pour marinade over the shrimp and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the avocado and red onion. In a medium bowl, mix together the diced avocado, red onion, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are cooked through.
5. To assemble the tacos, place 3-4 shrimp in each corn tortilla. Top with the avocado mixture, tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, and/or sour cream, if desired. Enjoy!