Your cart is currently empty!
Super Delicious & Gluten-Free Meal Guide, Recipe Post #988: BBQ Pulled Jackfruit Sandwiches
Being gluten-free is a diet choice that more and more people are making these days in order to improve their overall health and well-being. Gluten-free foods are those that are made without gluten-containing grains such as wheat, rye, and barley. This means that many of the most common staples in the American diet, such as bread, pasta, and cereals, have to be avoided. However, there are so many delicious and nutritious options available to gluten-free eaters, such as quinoa, rice, beans, fruits, and vegetables. The health benefits of being gluten-free go beyond food choice, as it can help reduce inflammation and improve digestion, and may even help with allergies and skin problems. By removing gluten from your diet, you can focus on consuming food that gives you the most nutritional bang for your buck while still keeping your taste buds happy.
Try this as your next healthier meal option to serve up for you and your loved ones:
• 2 cans of jackfruit, drained and rinsed
• 1 cup BBQ sauce
• 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
• 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
• Hamburger buns or gluten-free bread
• Toppings of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the BBQ sauce, liquid smoke, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder.
3. Add the drained and rinsed jackfruit to the bowl and mix everything together until the jackfruit is evenly coated.
4. Spread the coated jackfruit onto a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until it begins to brown.
5. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
6. Using two forks, shred the jackfruit into shreds like pulled pork.
7. Serve the pulled jackfruit on hamburger buns or gluten-free bread with any desired toppings.