Your cart is currently empty!
Super Delicious & Gluten-Free Meal Guide, Recipe Post #64: Asian Grilled Chicken and Mango Salad
When it comes to health and diet, more people are opting to go gluten free. Gluten free literally means to abstain from consuming products that contain gluten – a certain type of protein found in wheat, rye and barley. So, some of the foods that would be considered gluten free are all types of fruits and vegetables, milk, yogurt, nuts, beans, and many other things that most people would consider a basic part of their diet. Being gluten free has many health benefits, such as improved digestion, increased energy, weight loss, and even reduced risk of coronary heart disease. Plus, since gluten free products are now more widely available, it’s easier to enjoy your favorite meals without sacrificing flavor or nutrition.
Try this as your next healthier meal option to serve up for you and your loved ones:
– 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
– 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
– 2 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce
– 1 tablespoon sesame oil
– 2 teaspoons honey
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– Ground white pepper
– 1 large mango, sliced
– 4 cups baby spinach
– 1/2 cup shredded carrots
– 1/4 cup sliced almonds
– 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
– 1 tablespoon lime juice
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
2. Mix together olive oil, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, garlic and white pepper in a bowl.
3. Place chicken breasts in the marinade and let sit for 10 minutes.
4. Grill chicken for 5-7 minutes per side until cooked through.
5. Meanwhile, assemble the salad by arranging baby spinach, mango slices, shredded carrot and sliced almonds in a bowl.
6. Whisk together rice vinegar, lime juice and a pinch of salt in a small bowl.
7. Drizzle the dressing over the salad.
8. Slice the cooked chicken and add to the top of the salad.
9. Serve warm or cold. Enjoy!