Your cart is currently empty!
Healthy Habits for Kids: 5 Fun Exercise Ideas to Get the Whole Family Moving!
Encourage kids to explore, move, and engage with physical activity to help them stay motivated and build healthy habits for life! Make exercise fun with a variety of activities the whole family can enjoy.
Photo by Ketut Subiyanto on Pexels.com
Exercise is an important part of a healthy and balanced lifestyle, no matter what age a person is. It is especially important to establish good habits when children are young so they can grow up with the knowledge of how important physical activity is throughout their lives. Here are 5 fun exercise ideas to help get your kids up and active to boost their health and confidence.
1. Splash Around: Getting kids involved in an activity that is fun and energizing can give them an extra boost. Encourage them to take a dip in a pool or lake, or even make use of a sprinkler with them to cool down while they move around. Point out how you can move your arms, legs and body in the water to help strengthen muscles. With all the splashing, your kids will be having so much fun, they might forget that they are getting exercise too.
2. Make Use of a Jump Rope: Jumping rope is great for a quick burst of high-energy activity to get your kid’s heart rate up. Not to mention, it’s a great tool for helping kids learn rhythm, coordination and teamwork skills, as two people are able to use the rope together. Make it fun, and don’t forget to include some jump rope rhymes to help your kids discover their creativity.
3. Go for a Scavenger Hunt: Whether you are going for a walk in your neighborhood or around the park, turn it into a fun scavenger hunt with your kids. They can be in charge of finding certain items, such as shapes, colors or objects. You can also encourage them to look around and try to find something they have never seen or noticed before. Not only will this help encourage exploration, but they will get plenty of exercise while they’re seeking out the items on the list.
4. Don’t Forget Dance Breaks: Encourage your kids to take a break with a dance party. Have them learn a hip hop or jazz dance, or even just play some of their favorite songs to get everyone up and moving. Music is a great way to boost their energy and get their bodies active, and it’s lots of fun for everyone involved.
5. Get Everyone Involved: If you have multiple kids, have them work together to create an obstacle course. Have them work together to create a course inside or outside the house that can involve all sorts of movements such as jumping, running, climbing and crawling. It’s a great activity for everyone to help create and, of course, to get active and stay motivated.
These 5 fun exercise ideas for kids are a great way to get them up and active to boost their health and help them build their confidence. Not to mention, they all make for great bonding activities that the entire family can enjoy. So don’t forget to have some fun while you’re getting your kids physically active and helping them learn healthy habits that they can have for life.