Bring your bedroom to life with bed runners – the perfect blend of texture and visual interest!
The way you style your bed can make a huge difference in how your bedroom looks. Adding layers of blankets, pillows, and decorative items can bring life to your room. One way of styling your bed that many people don’t think of is adding a runner to bring extra texture and visual interest to the whole look. Here’s how to layer a bed with a runner for extra texture and visual interest.
1. Start off with a base layer: Start by layering the bed with your favorite sheets, quilt and blanket set. Make sure that you have chosen colors that will fit well with the runner you plan to incorporate.
2. Consider accent pillows: Next, add a few accent pillows to the center of the bed. You can choose from textured woven or bright patterned options to create contrast with the base layer.
3. Place the runner: Place the runner at the foot of the bed. Depending on the size of the runner, you can drape it over the foot of the bed or just let it hang down the side. You can also choose to place a few accent pillows or texture items at the foot of the bed to add an extra layer to the look.
4. Introduce texture: Introduce texture with a textured quilt or warm throw blanket. Place the textured quilt or warm throw blanket around the front of the bed and let it hang down the sides. This will add a cozy layer to the bed while adding a sense of warmth to the room.
5. Add decorative accessories: Finally, add in a few decorative accents to complete the look. Choose accessories that will blend well with the runner and existing color scheme in your room. A plant, wall art, or a rug are all great options to introduce a little more style.
Layering a bed with a runner is a great way to bring extra texture and visual interest to your bedroom. Choose a style and color that will fit in best with your existing decor and have fun experimenting with different layered looks. Whether you’re going for something light and airy or something more dramatic, a bed runner is an easy way to bring life to your bedroom.