It’s important for families to have meaningful conversations, but sometimes it can be difficult to come up with ideas for topics. Typical starters are “How was your day?” or “What’s going on?” Those can be dead-stoppers more than starters.
But, the crucial part in upbringing requires us parents to ask the hard stuff anyway. Here are some interesting and courageous conversation starters that families can use to get the the talk flowing:
1. How do you see the world differently than I do?
2. What can you do to make a difference in the world?
3. What’s something that you are passionate about?
4. What would you do to make your community a better place?
5. What’s the most important thing to you in calling someone a friend?
Before you go, tell us what you think. Please take our survey so we can hear from you, too.