Keep kids on the move with 6 fun and healthy activities! Unlocking a world of fitness and fun for all ages.
Photo by Ketut Subiyanto on Pexels.com
Kids need to stay active to maintain a healthy lifestyle, but sometimes it can be difficult to find fun ways to get moving. If you’re looking for great exercise ideas for kids that are both fun and healthy, then you’ve come to the right place! Here are 10 fun ways for kids to stay fit:
1. Treasure Hunt: Kids love a good treasure hunt! Set up a course around the house or yard, using clues and markers to indicate where treasures are hidden. When they find each one, there can be a physical challenge associated with getting to the next clue. This can be anything from a jumping game to a dance or yoga move. The treasure at the end can be a healthy snack or something special.
2. Hula Hooping: Everyone loves hula hooping! Have kids form teams and compete for a prize for the best hula hooping skills. Be creative and make it as fun as possible by adding a series of hula hoops to hop through, or using them in relay races.
3. Outdoor Games: Grab some chalk and markers, and create an outdoor game paradise! Draw a hopscotch course on the driveway, a five-bar gate they must lightly run through, and don’t forget to draw a giant game board with ladders and snakes, so they can compete against each other.
4. Hot Potato: Just like the classic game, kids can’t help but laugh when playing this one. Time them twirling and turning as they pass the potato around to each person in the circle. Whoever is left holding the potato when the timer goes off, is out!
5. Indoor Basketball: Use a small ball and mini basketball hoop to set up an indoor court. Kids can keep the ball bouncing by shooting hoops or even having a dunk contest.
6. Star Jumps: Kids of all ages love this classic warm-up exercise. Get them to do star jumps for a set time, slowly but surely increasing it each time.
Follow Us On Social Media Too!